The first ABLE Seminar, organized by the Postgraduate course in CLIL e Innovación en el aula de Inglés de Educación Primaria, is intended to be a forum for researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas, experiences, research and implementation results relating to the teaching and learning of EFL and CLIL subjects in Primary Education.
The ABLE Seminar will take place in the Facultad de Educación (Universidad de Zaragoza) on September 14 and it is co-organized by the Facultad de Educación and Editorial Santillana-Richmond.
- Submission deadline: June 24, 2018
- Author notification: July 13, 2018
- Registration: August 16-September 7, 2018
- Conference Seminar date: September 14, 2018
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The program committee encourages the submission of relevant contributions that communicate classroom research experiences and innovative teaching proposals in the Primary CLIL and/or EFL classroom.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following topic areas:
- Integrating content and language
- Task development and implementation/ communication in the bilingual classroom
- Uses of ICTs in the bilingual classroom
- Innovation and creativity
- Project-based learning
Primary teachers and graduate students are invited to submit original contributions, which have not been presented in other seminars or conferences. All proposals will be reviewed by the scientific committee and evaluated based on their relevance, originality, methodological coherence and clarity of exposition.
All proposals must include the following aspects (click HERE to see and download template).:
- Topic of interest:
- Author and institution:
- Abstract (400-500 words): a summary indicating the objectives, context and the innovative value of the proposal.
- Key words (maximum of five)
- Short bionote (75-100 words): a brief description of the contributor(s)’s background and experience should also be included.
Submitted abstracts must be written in English. Submissions should be sent via email before the 24th of June to: ABLE18@unizar.es
Registration to the seminar will be free and will be closed once the maximum number of attendants is reached.
Online registration will begin on August 16 and will close on September 7. To access online registration (after August 16) click HERE.
Vicky Gil (email@example.com)
Profesora Asociada, Facultad de Educación de la Universidad de Zaragoza
Coordinadora del módulo de Innovación y excelencia en el aula bilingüe
Enrique Lafuente (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Profesor Titular, Facultad de Educación de la Universidad de Zaragoza
Director del Posgrado en CLIL e Innovación en el aula de inglés de Ed. Primaria
Daniel Pascual (email@example.com)
Profesor Asociado, Facultad de Educación de la Universidad de Zaragoza
Information on the registration procedure and the conference programme will be updated weekly.
For additional enquiries please send an email to: ABLE18@unizar.es